– EGGNOG is a little sip of heaven made with milk or cream, sugar, and whipped eggs … – It’s also known as “egg milk punch” POW!
– It’s usually associated with Christmas, but will never be turned down at other times of the year
– It may have originated in East Anglia, England. Or, it may have developed from “posset”, a medieval European beverage. Those English invent the best stuff!
– The British drink was called an “Egg Flip” because the drink was rapidly poured back and forth between two pitchers to mix it
– The Colonials called the drink made with rum – egg ‘n’ grog, and then EGGNOG. Should’ve been called YUM!
– The delectable beverage crossed the Atlantic to the English colonies during the 18th century. Don’t know why it took them sooo long…?
– There was actually an EGGNOG RIOT (totally understandable), which occurred at the US Military Academy in December of 1826
– If Bubba had anything to say about it….it would probably go a little somethin’ like this… “Anyway, like I was sayin’, EGGNOG is the fruit of the beverages. You can make eggnog lattes, ice cream, gelato, shakes, eggnog smoothies, cupcakes, you can bake it, saute it. Dey’s uh, eggnog cheese cake, pancakes, cookies, bundt cakes, lipbalm, eggnog candles, and eggnog puddin’. You can pan fry it, deep fry it, stir-fry it. There’s eggnog coffee cake, eggnog frostin’, muffins, eggnog jello, mousse, eggnog martinis, bread, yogurt, eggnog beer, eggnog oatmeal, pie, crepes, donuts, eggnog fudge, truffles, eggnog biscottis, eggnog bread, eggnog bread puddin’, eggnog brownies. That- that’s about it.”